Sheet Piles - L8
Frequently Bought Together
Hermeq are suppliers of a wide range of sheet piles and trench sheets, including the famous L8 inter locking sheet pile. Sheet piling retains soil, using steel sheets with interlocking edges. Our standard trench sheets & sheet piles are supplied in 1.2m, 2.5m, 3.0m & 4.0m lengths although other lengths are available upon request. Sheet piles are installed in sequence to design depth along the planned excavation perimeter or seawall alignment. The interlocked sheet piles form a wall for permanent or temporary lateral earth support with reduced groundwater inflow.
Vibratory hammers are typically used to install sheet piles. If soils are too hard or dense, an impact hammer can be used to complete the installation. At certain sites where vibrations are a concern, the sheets can be hydraulically pushed into the ground.
|Cross sectional area per sheet|
- Trench sheets should only be installed and removed by competent persons using excavators specified to suit the size of trench sheet and the anticipated ground conditions/site constraints.
- Trench sheets are heavy and difficult to handle/pitch on site and these operations should only be carried out by experienced banksmen. Always ensure that the sheets are not lifted over personnel and that the trailing ropes on Quick Release Shackles cannot snag. Great care should be taken to avoid trapping fingers whilst pitching the sheets. Additional care must be taken in windy conditions when it is recommended that at least 2 persons are used to pitch the sheets.
- Hermeq strongly recommend that a driving cap is always used to prevent unnecessary damage to the tops of the trench sheet when being driven into the ground using the excavator bucket.
- When stacking sheets on site it is recommended that they are placed in bundles of no more than 6 sheets and staggered on timber spacers to allow for ease of handling and to minimise the risk of trapping hands/fingers.
- In order to assist installation Hermeq can supply guide walings and piling frames. For availability and details contact Hermeq direct.
- Trench sheets must only be removed using extractors. Use of a quick release shackle for extraction will lead to damage of the spring mechanism.
- Hermeq interlocking trench sheets can provide limited protection against groundwater ingress and should always be used with caution where high water flows are anticipated.